Date:      Fri, 09 Dec 2005 16:32:38 +0100
From:      Vladimir Woelfl <vladow@insilica.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   6.0-RELEASE problems with terminal

Hi

Okay, i've read the docs&mans to the extent possible without finding
anything about this, i've searched the whole net upside down,
finally i edited the termcap manually, fixed "nd" to "^?" in cons25
def., made cap_mkdb on the termcap, and i still can't get the <DEL> key
to behave as forward-delete.
I succeeded for VI which gets it okay, but in the shells <BKSP> and
<DEL> still act identically. Now, as i remember a few years ago this was
the same, with FreeBSD 4.2 or 4.3... except at that time this didn't
bother me at all. Now the problem is i have a lot of people who work in
the shell on a daily basis, and they are used to
<DEL> being forward delete, and <BKSP> being backward delete. Also, when
i think a little bit further about this, i don't get the point of having
two keys with the same function? Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks&Best Regards,
Vladimir