Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:07:55 +0000
From:      Kerberus <kerberus@inetu.net>
To:        Alan DuBoff <aland@SoftOrchestra.com>, Eric Lakin <elakin@psasolar.colltech.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CTX laptop & PCMCIA UPDATE

Hrmmm  i am starting to think that this /boot/loader.rc is not being read or
something is WRONG, cause no matter what i do, it still sets pcic:
controller irq 5

correct me here if i am wrong, all i should have to do is create a file (
/boot/loader.rc )
with the string

set machdep.pccard.pcic_irq=13

Alan DuBoff wrote:

> You must have something else on irq 11, I saw that same problem myself
> where it wouldn't set to the one I wanted and it turned out it was being
> used. The kernel grabs what he can it seems if the one you provide is not
> available.
>
> The reason I have found is due to the memory allocation, see my previous
> message and make sure you have that memory available and/or don't have
> anything at d0000
>
> Alan DuBoff - Conductor
> Software Orchestration, Inc.
> aland@SoftOrchestra.com

Erik Lakin was also heard to say ...!

I am probably wrong about this (feel free to correct me =) but I thought the

below dumpcis indicated that your card only supports irq 5. If that's the
case, try using

set machdep.pccard.pcic_irq=7

and

irq 5
config 0x1 "ed0" 5 0x20

in /etc/pccard.conf.

I'm sure this can't be right, but it is what i'd try.