Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 2004 04:43:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      <pfgshield-pedro@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Varkon port status

Hi;

JIC someone is interested in working on this port, there are several issues:

- There is an interesting posting on how to add ODBC support
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/varkon-discuss/2004-March/000137.html

- The Makefiles want to find X Headers and libraries at /usr/X11R6/, perhaps
the easiest way to fix this (thinking of the upcoming X.Org) would be tu
REINPLACE all occurences of /usr/X11R6 with X11BASE in the makefiles.

- It looks like there are crashes when using modern versions of Mesa :(.
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/varkon-discuss/2004-March/000138.html
I didn't see them when I ported varkon, but you are warned.

cheers,

    Pedro.

Yahoo! Companion - Scarica gratis la toolbar di Ricerca di Yahoo!
http://companion.yahoo.it