Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:19:04 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        rsi@panix.com, Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Listening to users [was Re: Package system wishlist]

Chris Dillon wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > Redirected from -arch...
> >
> > Rajappa Iyer wrote:
> > > Also note that FreeBSD, by and large, does not have
> > > nearly as many incompatible changes to the device driver interface.
> >
> > You haven't tried to write a PCI card driver lately, have you?
> >
> >       "It's still quite opaque to me"
> [...snip...]
>
> ROFL.  You should have mentioned this is sung to the tune of Billy
> Joel's "It's Still Rock And Roll To Me".  Hopefully enough people will
> figure it out.  Did you write that yourself?  :-)

Yes, I wrote it myself.  I didn't get to cover ACPI or anything,
though.  Took me about 10 minutes, total (I always "hear" alternate
versions of all songs anyway.  8-)).

I didn't mention that it was a Billy Joel, because anyone who hadn't
heard the Billy Joel wouldn't find it funny, I think; they'd just
look at me like I was insane.... uh, *more* insane...

-- Terry