Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:42:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      cuongvt <cuongvt@fpt.vn>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I went to 8.0 current accidently :(

After got below news from OSnews.com yesterday (I was late),
I inserted RELENG_7 to my /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
as below:

*default host=CHANGE_THIS.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_7
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all
Then I exec:
cvsup -g -L 2 -h cvsup.jp.freebsd.org
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile

Then I -j10 buildworld, build kernel, install kernel, then as single
mode I installworld.
After that, when I uname -a, it output is:
FreeBSD hanhnhu.local 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #0: Fri
Nov 16 19:48:47 ICT 2007
Where I was wrong?
Tnx in advanced.

"The 7.0-BETA2 builds have completed and are on many of the FreeBSD mirror
sites. If you want to update an existing machine using cvsup use RELENG_7 as
the branch tag. Instructions on using FreeBSD Update to perform a binary
upgrade from FreeBSD 6.x to 7.0-BETA2 will be provided via the
freebsd-stable list when available."