Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:25:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        marks@ripe.net, <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: acpi, oldcard, newcard, etc

OLDCARD is being deprecated? I still need this to get my laptop to boot
with the Xircom pccard I have. Will these kind of problems be fixed before
it is removed?

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <20020821105229.GB751@laptop.6bone.nl>
>             Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net> writes:
> : First step would seem to get the machine booting with both NEWCARD and ACPI
> : as OLDCARD is being deprecated.
> : Next thing would be to get the ACPI correct.
> :
> : Note that I am willing to spend quite some time on this, but I will need
> : some guidance here as this part of the kernel is new to me.
> : (Warner?)
>
> ok unset acpi_load
> ok boot
>
> is what I do on my laptop far too often.  I'm testing some patches
> from jhb that should fix interrupt routing for pci devices (which will
> fix both newcard/oldcard).
>
> I'd get ACPI working first before adding cardbus.  However, this is
> the first I've heard of cardbus hang problems that are related to
> acpi.
>
> Warner

          Wesley N Morgan                       _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
          morganw@chemikals.org                     _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
          FreeBSD: The Power To Serve                  _ |___/___/___/