Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 1996 14:45:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Netscape 2.0b3 and Java

well, to celebrate (finally!) getting the Linux emulator to run, I
decided the hell with the hourly charges my ISP charges and download the
latest Netscape (2.0b3) for Linux... with Java support.

Got it installed, and running.  Boy is it nice.  Well, almost.  Whenever I
try accessing a Java site (e.g. http://java.sun.com), I get:

EMT trap (core dumped)

Is this a known problem?  Should I stick with something "safer" like
maybe 2.0b1 or b2 of Netscape?  (i.e. did b3 introduce some obscure bug
that causes it to die under FreeBSD?)

Other Linux progs like DOOM and even text-mode stuff (like ls, cat, etc.)
work beautifully.

I'm running 2.1.0-RELEASE on a 486/66 with 16 MB of RAM, if that matters.

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or on Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **