Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 1999 23:42:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        jdunn@aquezada.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sshd won't do X11 forwarding

Julian C. Dunn wrote,
> I've installed sshd on a 2.2.8-S box, and although I can ssh into it fine, it
> won't do X11 forwarding. It says "warning: X11 forwarding denied by server,
> perhaps xauth could not be run?" However, I have checked to see that xauth is
> in everyone's default path, and ordinary users can run it.
>
> Anyone had this problem before? Solutions?

I see,

Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could not be run on the server side.

Each time I log into one of my machines. But that is because the
machine in question does not have X installed. I assume there is no
"solution" since their is no X to forward.

Do both machines in question have X installed? How was sshd installed,
by port or package? If it was done by package, did the build machine
compile in X support?

Just some ideas.