Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:22:25 -0400
From:      "Tom O'Connor" <tom@surety.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   JDK118, C++, pthreads, and JNI

I have a C++ library that I am putting a Java wrapper around using JNI. When
some objects in the C++ library are created, pthreads are also created and
started.

I compile the C++ code using g++, and then create the .so with ld,
explicitly linking the reentrant C++ runtime, and my other C++ libraries.
This is done because the .so wouldn't load, the exception handling symbols
were missing.

Java calls into my native call and executes until it reaches the method call
of an object in the C++ library I'm attempting to wrap that creates and
starts some pthreads. At that point, the JVM SEGV's.

Is it possible to get JDK118, a pthread'ed C++ library accessed through JNI,
on FreeBSD 4.0-20000714-STABLE to play nicely together?