Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:05:32 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, freebsd-current Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HOWTO articles for migrating from Linux to FreeBSD, especially for pkg?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> What I'd like to see is an article on freebsd.org either on the wiki
> or in the handbook, which compares using apt, yum, rpm, whatever
> to pkg.  Is anyone interested in working on an article like this?
> I don't have the bandwidth right now.

A person to write that article needs detailed knowledge of pkg and the
Linux package systems.  I don't have that, but would be willing to help
you develop an outline for the article.  Having a design like that makes
it easier to write when time and resources are available.

Writing "an article" is hard.  Writing a small section on how deleting
packages is different between pkg and, say, apt, is much easier.  The
scope is known.