Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 15:17:55 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status and future of sound drivers ?

Ah, much better now...

My plan is to revamp the sound driver version 3.5 which I think it is pretty
close to what OSS is offering. Other alternatives such as NetBSD or OpenBSD
are not really viable because we want to have the same api as the linux sound
driver.

When will I begin ? Shortly after we are done with the Bt848 driver.
I am hoping that I can wrap up what I have to do in less than a week.

	Regards,
	Amancio

>From The Desk Of Pedro Giffuni :
> [Moved to mutimedia at Amancio's request...]
>
> Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > > It's bad manners to answer one question with another, but..
> > > Can't we base on Linux's OSS/Free and use similar APIs? This thing of
> >
> > I thought that's what I was suggesting. :-)
> I thought you were telling me to keep out my irrelevant subject :-).
>
> OK, let's contact Hannu then, it's not good to make him loose his time
> in a new version if we are gonna "Abridge and Extend".

Yes, contacting Hannu with respect to OSS is a good idea . It provides
feedback and for sure it will motivate him and his crew to further
do more work for FreeBSD. The other thing that we can do is ask him
how can we help?

	Regards,
	Amancio