Date:      Mon, 02 Jun 1997 13:00:04 -0400
From:      Larry Lile <lile@stdio.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Tropic token ring driver

Hi all,

I am working on a tropic chipset token ring driver. I was able
to get the docs from NS and IBM.  I can now probe IBM isa token
ring cards and talk to both the shared ram and hardware ports.
What I would like to know is how to map a physical address to a
kernel address so that I do not have to "wire" the configuration
into the kernel.  Right now I am picking up the shared ram address
from the foo->id_maddr in the probe routine and kvtop(foo->id_maddr)
gives the correct physical address.  What I would like to do is
pick up the address from 0x0a20 (Which after some math is usually
either 0xcc000 or 0xdc000) and get a kvm address to it, ie the
inverse of kvtop.

Also, how do you get your driver registered into the boot-up
config? (Right now it would be helpful for debugging)

Thanks,

Larry Lile
lile@stdio.com