Date:      Tue, 01 Apr 2003 10:02:47 -0800
From:      Lee Damon <nomad@castle.org>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:    IBM T30 USB issue:   kernel: uhub2: device problem, disabling port 1

I've just sup'd a completely clean source tree and compiled a new
kernel and world.  My kernconf is the generic one with pcm and apm
turned on.  apci is turned off in the hints file (because it breaks
the mouse).  I have INVARIANTS, DDB, and WITNESS turned off right now, for
speed.

When I try to activate a Bluetooth USB device, I get the following error:
  Apr  1 09:57:26 tylendel kernel: uhub2: device problem, disabling port 1

I am reasonably convinced it isn't a problem with the bluetooth daughter
card (but can be convinced otherwise, of course).

I'd be happy to work with any USB/Kernel experts to try to get this working.
Just let me know what you need me to do.  (I am not now, and never have been,
a kernel hacker.)  I can recompile the kernel with INVARIANTS &co turned
on if that would be helpful.

thanks,
nomad
 -----------
The cry has been that when war is declared, all opposition should
therefore be hushed.  A sentiment more unworthy of a free country could
hardly be propagated.  If the doctrine be admitted, rulers have only to
declare war and they are screened at once from scrutiny ...  In war,
then, as in peace, assert the freedom of speech and of the press.
Cling to this as the bulwark of all our rights and privileges.
                -- William Ellery Channing

 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
play: nomad@castle.org    or castle!nomad                          \
work: nomad@ee.washington.edu                                       \
                                 				    /\
Seneschal, Castle PAUS.                                            /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \