Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:48:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Kirchner <davidk@accretivetg.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        <jacks@sage-american.com>, Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: this spam

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> Yah - I'll bet you will be eating those words when your ISP comes to you and
> jacks up your mailbox price an extra $5 a month to pay for all that
> "non censorship" your advocating.  It's pretty easy to have these high-falutin
> ideals when your not paying for them.

What about the extra price involved in maintaining the filters, filtering
out spam that got past the filters, etc? Storage that does nothing but sit
there and occasionally gets backed up (even though it's not common to back
up a mail spool, I think, due to its nature) vs. employees maintaining
lists, reading spam, inputing additional filters, etc - I think I can see
which is cheaper. :-)