Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 1998 15:10:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   -stable panic

Hi,

A kernel made from sources supped today (and one from last week) are both
giving the same panic shortly after a bunch of webservers start:

panic: vref used where vget required
syncing disks

[lockup]

A kernel built from the same config file on Nov. 11 is working fine.  The
config has a large maxusers value (190) and high open_max and child_max
(about 300 ea.).  Other than that and quotas, not very special.  It's got
128M of memory, a BT958 SCSI card, and Asus TP554T (?) MB.

Might I have screwed something up?  All kernels are built on the same
machine from the same source, and 6 other machines with identical hardware
and 98M of RAM have been very happy...

Is this a known problem?

Thanks,

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----
                           "I'm not a prophet or a stone-age man
                           Just a mortal with potential of a superman
                           I'm living on"      -DB