Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:19:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 ports broken after gcc import

> I just built a fresh nmap on my -current box and it appears to work fine
> for me, as did the older nmap.  So I guess that leaves me firmly in the
> "unable to reproduce" camp.  I have noticed that, on my wi0 boxes, I
> tend to get a fair number of ENOBUFS errors when nmaping, but that
> appears to be unrelated to the presence of UFS_ACL in the kernel.
>
> Are your different boxes using the same type of network interface?  Do
> you rely on routed or use static routes?  If you tcpdump the interface,
> do any nmap packets get out -- for example, the initial ping it performs
> before scanning a host, or none?

Well, on one of my boxes, I have IPFILTER, but no ACL's and it works fine,
on the one that was previously not working, I had IPFILTER (but with no
rules set) and ACL's. I removed all references to ipfilter from rc.conf
(my ipf.rules and ipnat.rules were blank), removed IPFILTER and ACL from
the kernel, recompiled, and rebooted, and it started working. So now I
just have to go back and figure out which knob I turned to fix things. I'm
running late now though so I'll let you know as soon as I can get back to
it (the computer that was really having the problems was at work, so I
can't get to it until tuesday).

Ken