Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2012 18:35:45 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        "Sevan / Venture37" <venture37@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to boot Pi successfully with ethernet interface configured

On Friday 28 September 2012 13:01:11 Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
> On 27/09/2012 16:28, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > Found some more issues, try this patch:
> >
> > http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/240998
> >
> > --HPS
>
> That did the trick, thank you :)

Hi,

I've just fixed some issues in the if_smsc.c, so you might want to "svn up"
again. Seems like ethernet packets received carry 4 bytes extra.

Regarding performance, there are actions we can do. Right now I just want a
stable driver. I measured around 10MBit in each direction on ethernet and my
USB memory stick was giving me 0.5 MBytes/second (Read). And the CPU usage is
now around 0.8% when the USB stack is idle. The reason for this slowness is
not USB itself, but that we are doing much of the USB protocol in software.

I've also tested that FULL/LOW speed devices should work, like mouse and
keyboard and USB serial port adapters.

Feel free to keep us updated what you are doing with FreeBSD on your Raspberry
PI and if you see more USB related problems :-)

--HPS