Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:48:01 +0200 (EET)
From:      Domas Mituzas <midom@dammit.lt>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        xuyifeng <bsddiy@163.net>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sybase db-library name conflict with Berkeley DB

Hi,
> M$-SQL server. You have to tweak the Makefile in
> /usr/ports/database/freetds so that the CONFIGURE_ARGS has
> --with-tdsver=5.0 instead of --with-tdsver=7.0.

actually I'll try to make a selection (ergh, one more interactive port),
so it will be possible to choose what you wish (ms sql or sybase). If
there are any better solutions, they're welcome.

by the way, is it possible to have two packages built then (freetds-sybase
and freetds-ms during the port build). afaik, ports system won't allow
that, but that would be nead. any ideas?

Domas
--freetds maintainer
Systems administrator
DELFI Internet, Lithuania