Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:43:28 +0200
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [fbsd] Re: em(4) watchdog timeout

On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 12:06:27AM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running a two month old current (dated from May 24)
>
> SOP with -current is that before you submit a bug report for a system this
> old you should upgrade to the latest world and kernel. Two months is
> _really_ old in -current terms.

I am rebuilding a fresher one right now.  According to Ian's post,
the problem is likely to remain.  What do you advice me to do to
track this down ?

FYI, my -CURRENT kernel (as well userland) is patched with ProPolice.
I don't think this can lead to this kind of problem, the overhead is
really small, in an order of 3 percent.  Do you think such an
overhead in a time-critial path could trigger a watchdog timeout ?

Thank you.
Best regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen