Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:30:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ronnie Clark <ronj_clark@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Wheel Mouse in 5.3 STABLE

OK, I have generated a new xorg.conf.new file. I have
edited it and copied it over to /etc/X11.

Here is a snip of the xorg log file:
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==)
default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II)
informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not
implemented, (??) unknown.
(**) Option "Protocol" "auto"
(**) Mouse0: Device: "/dev/sysmouse"
(**) Mouse0: Protocol: "auto"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) Mouse0: Core Pointer
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
(==) Mouse0: Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50
(**) Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
(**) Mouse0: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) Mouse0: Buttons: 5
(II) Keyboard "Keyboard0" handled by legacy driver
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse0"
(type: MOUSE)
(II) Mouse0: SetupAuto: hw.iftype is 4, hw.model is 0
(II) Mouse0: SetupAuto: protocol is SysMouse

According to this, it *should* work, right? Still
stumped, and not working...

Thanks again.
Ron Clark