Date:      Thu, 02 Aug 2001 12:31:21 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        Bsd Newbie <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: information about $CVSROOT, 'cvs update' and 'cvsup' - help!

Install the cvsup-bin from ports. Then edit
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile (CHANGE_THIS to cvsup.se or a country
closer to you).

Then:

#cvsup -g -L2 /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile

and you're off.

The CVSROOT stuff is probably if you want to retrieve the entire CVS-tree - if
you want to act as a cvsup-server yourself, which you don't.

/M