Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 1998 01:21:35 +0200
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@tin.it>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gui design

On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au> wrote:

> I'm descended into the scary world of xwindows programming and am
> looking for some help. :)
>
> I seem to recall last year there was a heated debate on -chat regarding
> gui design, flaws/etc of various products out there. I'm hoping some
> of the battle-scared survivors are still around and able to point me
> towards any (preferably online) documentation/papers on how to design
> *good* graphic user interfaces.

I cannot help for the design, but I have some pointers for the toolkits
you could use.

I personally used and liked very much the Qt toolkit
(http://www.troll.no), which is a C++ library.

Another option could be Tcl/Tk, maybe with a wrapper generator like SWIG
(sorry, I don't remember the URL).

Marco
--
"Hi, I have a Compaq machine running Windows 95. How do I install FreeBSD?"
"I'm sorry, this is device driver testing: brain implants are two doors