Date:      Sat, 29 May 2004 13:43:57 -0700
From:      Marshall Pierce <mpierce@hmc.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org> <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: UDMA ICRC error

--Apple-Mail-2-182055248

I occasionally get those errors as well. When I'd boot, the drive would=20=

try and
do ATA-100, fail, and revert to PIO-4. (I blame the cheap PCI IDE card,=20=

it came free
with a hard drive, and I have to use it, since the nforce2 chipset on=20
my mobo
won't see anything but primary master and secondary master under FBSD.)=20=

I can
make it work by setting the drive to ATA-33, though. (The command, for=20=

me, is
# atacontrol mode 2 UDMA33 xxx
but check the manpage to see what options you should use.) I've been=20
using the
hard drive for about 7 months now, and it works fine. I don't put=20
anything I
care about much on it, though.
--=20
Marshall Pierce