Date:      Sun, 03 Jul 2005 00:10:54 -0000
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@wi.rr.com>
To:        "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@401.cx>, Simon Burke <simon.burke@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's Visual Identity: Outdated?

This is one of several issues that have been brought up on an almost
periodic basis for the past several years.  There have been several
attempts by various folks, including a rather ambitious one by this author,
and all have died because of severe lack of interest.  It has been a few
years since I have posted to this news group but my advise to you is to
give it up.  You will only meet with much frustration, apathy, and
something along the lines of " if you don't like it fix it yourself".

I consider this very unfortunate, because has some commercial properties
that could well be more attractive than other OS'S.  The development team
just is not interested in this issue.  I have fought many a battle in years
past over marketing issues with members of the core team and others.  OK,
everyone lets see you flame throwers.....  Wes Petters, Jordan Hubbard, are
you out there....;-)

Frank