Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 14:25:21 -0500
From:      Lucas Bergman <iceberg@pobox.com>
To:        Daniel <dguevel@infovia.com.ar>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: size of FreeBSD partition (was: size)

> I would like to know how much HD space will I need to install freeBSD.
> I am considering trying freeBSD in a PC with windows98.

Your FreeBSD partition should be at least 1 GB to be comfortable,
although my server at home runs a recent version (with no X) very well
on less than 500 MB.

> Where can I find a list of compatible freeare applications?.

A list of software which has been ported to FreeBSD is available at
	http://www.freebsd.org/ports/

Lucas
--
                             S. Lucas Bergman
                             Northwestern University

Illegal Income.  Illegal income, such as stolen or embezzled funds,
must be included in your gross income on line 21 of Form 1040, or
on Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040) if from your self-employment
activity.
        -- 1999 Publication 535, Taxable and Nontaxable Income,
             United States Internal Revenue Service