Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:36:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "Robert Blayzor" <rblayzor@inoc.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RE: Swap_pager error

:Matt, more on this one....
:
:Our server crashed again today.  Even after backing off from -stable to
:4.5-P5.  Sysloging to another server did not work, the box must be just
:that brain dead, however, it was the same exact error on the console and
:oddly enough, around the same exact time of day.  The box has only been
:up 1 week, 1 day.
:
:Both times the box has crashed crashed at ~3:02am.  I'm thinking that
:something in periodic daily is causing the crashes.
:
:Keep in mind, that this server serves several NFS clients which mount
:things such as FreeBSD ports and /usr/src.  Those are soft linked to on
:...
:
:I've changed periodic around on the NFS server (before the crash) and
:got rid of quite a few things.

    It's possible it could be daily cron jobs running on the clients.
    I'm still at a loss.  Simple NFS access would not cause a server to
    start swapping.

						-Matt