Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:38:35 +0800
From:      Jahilliya <jahilliya@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   System Panic

Hey,

Got this error on FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p5

panic: lockmgr: locking against myself

System was downloading some ports at the time (not actually compiling).

It's a Pentium 4, 3ghz on a Intel PSNLK motherboard.

Hyperthreading is enabled.

I am using the GENERIC kernel.

I installed from scratch onto the SATA 80gb Seagate disk.

cvsup, and did make buildworld && make buildkernel && make installkernel
shutdown now
make installworld
mergemaster

Was running alright, built a couple jails yesterday without any issues.

Uptime at time of panic was 19 hours, 27 minutes and 34 seconds.

Anyone seen this before? Let me know if you want any more details.

I have a crashdump and am currently learning howto inspect at the moment.

Thanks
Daniel