Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:55:49 -0500
From:      "chris" <chris@susi.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Question on FreeBSD name resolution

In /etc I have the file resolv.conf with the single line:

	nameserver 10.0.0.10

which is my DNS server.  I also have a host.conf file with:

	#Auto-generated from nsswitch.conf, do not edit
	hosts
	bind

and for reference nsswitch.conf has:

	hosts: files dns

Since I am using DHCP which is on my NT box, I have options set for a
WINS server and Node-type of H-Node.  I think I know the answer but I'll
ask, does this affect FreeBSD's Network configuration in some way?