Date:      Tue, 09 May 95 16:49:01 -0700
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@netcom.com>
To:        "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@leonardo.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: This one looks very very suspecious to me....

>         One problem with #ifdef as opposed to commenting something out
> is that the current version of GCC seems to (try to) parse character
> constants inside #ifdef blocks.  Use of apostrophes inside #ifdef
> comment blocks caused me fits while trying to port the Rand editor,
> for example.  Previous versions of the compiler didn't care.

This is more of a problem with the Rand editor than anything
else.  I've never seen worse abuse of cpp than in the Rand
editor (not counting Obfuscated C contest entrants).  Not
sure if the -traditional flag may have helped.

If you did a successful port, I'd *really* really like a
copy of ported e19 sources.  Thanks!

-- another [g]rand editor enthusiast