Date:      Tue, 11 May 2004 13:00:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      fox@vader.aacc.cc.md.us
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/66540: [patch] share/man/man4/ppbus.4 wording nits

The following reply was made to PR docs/66540; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: fox@vader.aacc.cc.md.us
To: Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@chello.cz>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 15:58:53 -0400 (EDT)

 On Tue, 11 May 2004, Roman Neuhauser wrote:

 > # fox@vader.aacc.cc.md.us / 2004-05-11 10:38:23 -0700:
 > > --- share/man/man4/ppbus.4.orig	Fri May  7 07:43:07 2004
 > > +++ share/man/man4/ppbus.4	Fri May  7 08:06:15 2004
 > > -Any transfer is defined as a finite state automate.
 > > +Any transfer is defined as a finite state machine.
 >
 >     s/automate/automaton/ would be... more faithful to the original? :)
 >     (ESL, so I might be babbling)

 Mebbe, but even then, I'd go for "finite state machine" as the more common
 English idiom. This is tech writing, not high litterature that has to be
 translated painstakingly for beauty and fidelity. :-)

 --
 "I'd ask if you'd found the right sort of isolated wasteland for your
 citadel of dread yet, but that would be a silly question; you're in Utah,