Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2006 14:52:42 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Scott Hiemstra" <shiemstra@h2.com>, "'FreeBSD-Questions Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Does FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE support the 8237R?

Those are crap cards.  Lots of problems under even other operating
systems and those cards and non-autonegotiation hubs and switches.
They seem to negotiate OK if they are plugged into a 10/100 autoswitching
switch, but they are not that efficient.  If your server isn't doing a
lot of
network traffic they will work but I'd avoid using them in a file and
print
server most definitely.

Ted