Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 18:29:36 -0500
From:      John <gecko@tcworks.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        gecko@tcworks.net
Subject:   Mounting CDROM's, Setting Voodoo3 Depth Settings, and Switching Window Managers.

First of all, I cannot mount my CDROM and CD-RW drives after I have boote=
d my=20
FreeBSD 4.3 box. It gives me an error that says:

Could not mount device.
The reported error was:

cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument

And when I try to explore the contents of the drive (just to make sure it=
=20
wasn't automounted) it gives me the same error. If this is too vague, let=
 me=20
know and I'll try to explain a little better.

Second, I believe my depth setting is wrong on my X server. I could not g=
et=20
XFree86 4.x to work and had to settle for a 3.x installation, and my colo=
r is=20
messed up. When I load XMMS or Yahoo Messenger, my colors get all messed =
up.=20
Only XMMS or YMessenger is in clear view, all other are distorted, unless=
 I=20
click out of their windows.

Third, I want a program that will let me choose which Window Manager I wa=
nt=20
to use upon the start of the X server after login. Or maybe even a graphi=
cal=20
login will work, like the graphical logins on Mandrake and Red Hat Linux.=
=20
Does anyone know if there is such a program ported to FreeBSD?

Any and all help on these questions will help. Thank you.

=09=09=09=09=09=09=09~John