Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 23:32:15 -0500
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        Mark <markm@online.dct.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: my 96MB RAM turn into 64MB!

Mark wrote:

> > That FAQ section was of -no- help for me.
> > Open /sys/i386/conf/LINT with a text editor and search for MAXMEM
> > I also have 96 meg of ram (added yesterday), and what I have to put in
> > the kernel is:
> > options         "MAXMEM=(96*1024)"
> > Which is better than "MAXMEM=<n>".
> > Cya
> > Malartre
>
> Uhh, that is pretty much exactly what the faq told you.  The n is a variable,
> representing the amount of your memory in kilobytes.
>
> --
> Mark Maurer  markm@dct.com                      mwmaurer@mtu.edu
> Programmer,  Digital Magic Interactive          http://www.dminteractive.com
> Senior,      Michigan Technological University  Houghton, MI
> -- Views do not represent those of my employer or school
Yes but from my point of view: has I don't know everything, I don't know
the exact number of kilobytes in a Megabyte. The FAQ do not say:

$ bc
bc 1.03 (Nov 2, 1994)
Copyright (C) 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details type `warranty'.
96*1024
98304

The first time, I writed what the BIOS said at the boot and the kernel
compile crashed.
It's only some clarification.
Thank you
--