Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 0:12:00
From:      Greg Oshiro <goshiro@compuserve.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   newbie `make' failure

--=PMail:=_0001@@1L8Ngzpp1qJbAStbqYtg

Folks--

I attempted to compile the gtypist port. No joy.
Lots of error messages (which I did not keep)
and newbie attempts at editing the Makefile.
It's a long story I won't clog the list with.....

How do I find out which files and directories
were created by `make' ?
I'm hoping to get back to "the beginning"
and be more careful the next time.

Are these the correct commands to save
`make' stderr and stdout to files for post-mortems?
#cd /usr/ports/games/gtypist
#make 2>makeerrlog >makelog

All help is redeemable for beer at my local billiard hall.
(Camarillo, CA USA)

Thanx,

Greg Oshiro
goshiro@compuserve.com