Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:50:12 -0600
From:      Brad Waite <brad@ssbaptist.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0 Install hangs on probing devices

I've got four identical machines and all but one install 4.0 fine.  The
problem child is hanging on the "Probing Devices (this can take a
while)" screen.  I've let it sit for upwards of two hours in that state,
so it's obviously really hung.  I've updated all machines to the latest
BIOS, verified all the setup options and mainboard jumpers with the
working machines, but no go.  Anyone run across this before, and/or have
any suggestions?

TIA,

Brad