Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:05:47 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@sunbay.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: intel chipset810

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 12:07:23PM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

[...]
> Doug Rabson <dfr@FreeBSD.org> and I are (slowly) working on this driver.
> At the moment I have XFree86 3.3.6 running on an i810 chipset.  But the
> driver is still incomplete and requires more testing.

More power to you both!

> But it is possible to run XFree86 3.3.6 without the kernel driver.
> You will need to compile from the latest ports/x11/XFree86, have the
> I810_UNSUPPORTED_GTT_FALLBACK environment variable set, and have the
> following section in your XF86Config:
>
> : Section "Device"
> :     Identifier  "i810"
> :     Option      "no_accel"
> : EndSection

Yeah. Well. I'm running 4.0-stable, and doing this *almost* makes it on
the way up; but I get a core-dump just before I get a working screen. :-(

Here's hoping you get the kernel driver support in.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen                      |      To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
<jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>       |      To be is to do  -- Sartre