Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:45:01 -0500
From:      DAve <dave.list@pixelhammer.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bash and strings

jhall@vandaliamo.net wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I'm sure this is easy, and I am making it harder than it is.
>
> I am being supplied a list of files, and need to create the files and
> directories to hold them, but I cannot figure out how to take the string
> apart.
>
> For example, I am given
>
> /usr/local/scripts/firewall.sh
>
> I need to create the /usr/local/scripts directory and then create
> firewall.sh.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=bash+scripting+tutorial

Can't recommend it enough, the Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide. A very
handy bookmark to keep around.

DAve

--
I've been asking Google for a Veteran's Day logo since 2000,
maybe 1999. I was told they finally did a Veteran's Day logo,

Sad, very sad. Maybe the Chinese Government didn't like it?