Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:40:01 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chern Lee <chern@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Bob Van Valzah <Bob@BGPBook.Com>, Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Reviewers for Bootstrapping Vinum Doc

On Tuesday, 18 September 2001 at 13:23:57 -0700, Chern Lee wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Bob Van Valzah wrote:
>
>> Ok, I have a document ready for your review. There's still a lot of
>> "tweaking" I'd do given the luxury of time, but I wanted to get you and
>> Greg something fast. It's about 25 pages. See http://www.BGPBook.Com/vinum/
>>
>> Comments welcome! (But please do not pass the above URL out for other
>> than review purposes).
>
> At a quick glance, your document looks great.

There are serious issues with the method described.  I've replied to
Bob privately, and he's reworking it.  Please don't use this text.

> Greg, I know it's a lot to ask from your busy schedule, but do you
> have any time to spare to have this reviewed by the end of the week?

I've already done so.  Due to the size, I didn't copy the list.

> I'd like to get this into the Handbook ASAP, if at all possible.

Not this version, please.

> If this is too much to ask for from both of you, perhaps this effort
> is best left for a later time--and the print edition can do without
> vinum.

It would be nice to get it in.  Bob's working pretty hard on it, but
it's a tight schedule.

Greg