Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:19:31 -0500
From:      Jim <jameso@elwood.net>
To:        Derrick Yu <dyu@cdknet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: To enlarge a partition....

You can't grow UFS filesystems on FreeBSD. You might want to look at
http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/wishlist.html. It has the best info that
I have seen about the topic.

Snipped it reads:

---

Expandable file systems

An expandable volume isn't much use if the file system on it
doesn't know about the additional space. Many people ask for
expandable ufs. This isn't really a Vinum issue, but Vinum makes it
interesting.

nothing useful to show.

---

I would say add a bigger drive or use Vinum to concat/raid/stripe a
couple smaller ones together. That is what I do and it works great.

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 02:02:55PM -0400, Derrick Yu wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Can someone list me the steps of how to enlarge my /usr/ partition by adding
> a new drive? or is it possible to do that?
> Thanks guys,
>
> Derrick  Yu

Jim O'Gorman
jameso@elwood.net