Date:      Fri, 08 Aug 2014 07:42:57 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Loading modules with KB920X panics

On 08/08/14 03:50, Ian Lepore wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 10:02 +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm building a custom module for KB920X and it panics when loading
>> because structures like Elf32_Rel and Elf32_Rela are not aligned.
>>
>> I added __packed keyword and the errors seems to be going away.
>>
>> Any clues what is wrong?
>>
>> .ko file can be supplied.
>>
>> FreeBSD-current
>>

> We load .ko modules on our at91rm92 stuff at work (although I haven't
> tested anything newer than 10.0 mid-last year).
>
> It seems odd that the reloc info would be unaligned.  The ldscript
> should align the start of the section, and it should stay aligned after
> that.

Hi,

This was an out-of-the kernel module, built under the build environment
for ARM. Can you point me to the linker script responsible for this?

I specified: --warn-section-align

And it output some warnings. Any clues how I can nail this down?

If someone is interested I can give you the source code and build
instructions.

--HPS