Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:11:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      BSD Samba <bsdsmb@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   status of Linux-base kld in 5.3

Guys (and Gals) -

I don't want to interupt the work going on with
getting 5.3 release ready.  From the dabbling I've
done in the past couple of weeks, I love it!  I'm
currently rebuilding my BSD machine, with a new amd64
processor - trying to use 5.3 amd64 BETA7.

I've run into trouble, though getting linux_base and
the KLD working.  I've seen some mention in the
release notes that it isn't (or wasn't) quite ready.

Does anyone know whether in 5.3 RC1 which appears to
have been uploaded to the ftp site merely days ago,
will I be able to get linux_base working, in order to
get jkd14 going, in order to get openoffice
compiled...?

Thanks for any insight.  I love my amd64, and I'd much
prefer to run the amd64 than the i386 version of BSD.

Cheers,

- Chris