Date:      Mon, 22 May 2006 17:10:37 +0300
From:      Vasil Dimov <vd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, ahze@FreeBSD.org, ade@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: devel/gnu-libtool is scheduled for removal in less than 2 weeks

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 11:25:03AM +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Friday, 19 May 2006 at 15:26:26 +0300, Vasil Dimov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > devel/gnu-libtool is scheduled for removal on 1 Jun 2006, which is after
> > 13 days, but the following ports still depend on it:
>=20
> MySQL AB uses gnu/libtool internally to build MySQL binaries for
> FreeBSD.
Hmmz, don't they use the databases/mysql* ports? Anyway switching to
devel/libtool15 should be flawless as the latter is now the same as the
upstream libtool and does not contain FreeBSD specific hacks (at least
this is what I heard :).

> Potentially so do other external developers.  It would be
> nice to have confirmation that the replacement works before removing
> the port.
>=20
=46rom the DEPRECATED=3Ddevel/libtool15 is now stock and should be used ins=
tead
line in devel/gnu-libtool/Makefile Ade makes it clear that
"everything should work" (tm). If it does not I guess you contact him
before 1st of June.

--=20
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF@dv

Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Edsger W. Dijkstra

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1--