Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:02:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Paul Marciano <pm940@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I get gdbserver for FreeBSD 5.4?

--- Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> Paul Marciano <pm940@yahoo.com> writes:
> > What I want to do is attach gdb from a development
> > machine to a process running on an remote embedded
> > target (stripped binaries, no source).  I've only
> > recently heard of gdbserver.  I'm happy to use an
> > alternative, if one exists.
>
> Oh; I thought you wanted to run gdbserver on
> *FreeBSD*.

ACK!  Wires crossing!

Both the target and the client are FreeBSD-5.4, but
the target has limited flash and no local utilities so
I can't debug on it natively (I'd rather not mount NFS
utility partitions, but that's an option if there's
nothing more elegant).

So I do need a FreeBSD target gdbserver-like thing!

Paul.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com