Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 17:04:56 +0100
From:      Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <lkoeller@cc.fh-lippe.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New version of makeinfo (texinfo-3.12) required (Freebsd-3.0 RELEASE)!

--------

Hello experts!

I'm just porting grace-5.0.1 which is the successor of xmgr-4.1.1! To
fully enhance this port, I also have to make a port of fftw (a fast
Fourier Transform Library) and PDF-lib.

The problem is the texinfo file included in fftw, which requires the
latest texinfo (i.e. makeinfo) package. Alas in 3.0-RELEASE only
version 3.9 is included. How do we proceed? Is the
/usr/src/contrib/texinfo part updated? Should I add a texinfo-3.12
port, too????

Without a functional makeinfo (@uref macro is required) I can't
update the /usr/local/info/dir file in the way recommended by a port!

Regards

Lars
--
Lars Köller, Henckelstraße 18E, 32657 Lemgo, Tel: 05261/5637
E-Mail: lkoeller@cc.fh-lippe.de (Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE)