Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:05:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        (E-mail) <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Kernel compile error

On 16-Oct-98 Kenneth Karlsson wrote:
> Hi There.
>
> I've just installed 2.2.7 from the web, with sources etc. Now i am trying to
> compile my own kernel (which i have succeded before with 2.2.6), but i keep
> getting this error in the make depend:

[snip]

Warnings are not the same as errors.  Most warnings can safely be ignored, and
will not cause a compile to fail.

As a rule of thumb, *anytime* you upgrade your sources, before building a new
kernel, first rebuild /usr/sbin/config:

cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/config; make; make install

--
Conrad Sabatier

Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea.