Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:08:05 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Raising KVA_PAGES breaks linux emulation?

Morning all ...

  I've just increased my KVA_PAGES to 512, based on recommendations, and
fixed the issue with libc_r, based on a patch I received ... the system as
a whole is working working quite well now, but, linux emulation no longer
appears to be working ...

  linux is loaded:

 4    1 0x87beb000 15000    linux.ko

  and libraries are installed:

venus# ls -lt /compat/linux/lib/libpthread*
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      17 Dec 31 20:31 /compat/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0 -> libpthread-0.9.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  559279 Oct 10 11:49 /compat/linux/lib/libpthread-0.9.so

  but if I try and run the linux javac, it gives me:

error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: Error 14

  if I try to run /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig (as in /etc/rc when
  linux_enable is YES), I get:

venus# /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig
/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig: Can't open configuration file /etc/ld.so.conf: Bad address
/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig: Can't create temporary cache file /etc/ld.so.cache~: Bad address

  did raising KVA_PAGES break the linux emulation / libraries, or is this
something else I'm missing?

  As a side note, on another server that I raised KVA_PAGES to 512 on, I
tried doing a 'make install' of linux_base, and each time I ran it (did it
a couple of times, just to confirm that it was that that was causing the
crash), the server would crash, but I was unable to get core to dump ... I
had thought maybe it was a problem with that server, but now I'm
suspecting it might be the linux emulation itself ...

  Server code is relatively up to date:

	4.7-STABLE #32: Fri Feb 14 12:58:45 CST 2003

Thoughts?  Suggestions?