Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:19:45 -0500
From:      Craig Boston <craig@xfoil.gank.org>
To:        Daniel Eriksson <daniel_k_eriksson@telia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PLEASE TEST: IPI deadlock avoidance patch

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 08:11:58PM +0200, Daniel Eriksson wrote:
> Ok, I've run a few more tests now, and the results are not looking very good
> for gvinum in RAID-5 mode:

I'm afraid I have to confirm these results.  It took a while to get
everything back up and running (had problems building world for a while
because of a few key utilities that got bitten by the corruption).  I
have it sorted out now, and have successfully built world a few times
with SMP enabled, but using regular vinum instead of gvinum -- no sign
of any corrupt files.

So it seems that gvinum RAID-5 is a key factor in the corruption, and
SMP greatly increases the odds of it happening...

Is it worth creating a PR so this doesn't get lost amid the release
madness?

Craig