Date:      25 Oct 1998 16:21:08 +0100
From:      Love <lha@e.kth.se>
To:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG, kom-arla@stacken.kth.se
Subject:   Re: deadfs in FreeBSD 3.0/current ?

Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp> writes:

> > Should we bake our own dead_vnodeops_p that is really dead vnodes ?
>
> I don't know.

I think we dont talk about the same thing.

All I want is a vnodeops that dead, they shouldn't do anything. We thought
that dead_vnodeops_p was written just for this, guess we was wrong.

We dont want to do any special vnode management.

I consider it a bug if on of the vnodeops make the vfs sleep forever.

> Anyway, that's one idea.  Maybe the Coda magic isn't so bad.

I don't think to. Guess that we will build our own deadvnodeops.

Love