Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 21:28:44 -0800
From:      "Scott Anderson" <scott@aenea.org>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: How to setup DNS on FreeBSD 3.3

Make sure your A records end in a .

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Koyo Kumagai
Sent: Friday, December 03, 1999 8:16 PM
To: questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: FW: How to setup DNS on FreeBSD 3.3

Okay, so I figured out that 3.x (or bind 8) uses named.conf instead of
named.boot...

Now, I've tried a few things (without much documentation in hand) and it
responds but I keep getting this:

If I look up for a FQDN in my domain (say mydomain.com) and type

> hostname.mydomain.com

the result is this

Name: hostname.mydomain.com.mydomain.com
Address: (address is corect)

I can't just look up with the hostname, and when I put in a FQDN, it appends
my domain name after it in the result.

Anyone have any suggestions?