Date:      Sat, 31 May 2003 13:39:49 +1000 (EST)
From:      <keith@smmc.qld.edu.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help..can I use DUMP? my drive is dying - VINUM ?

-------- Original Message --------
From: <keith@smmc.qld.edu.au>
Date: Sat, May 31, 2003 1:38 pm
To: <freebsd-question@freebsd.org>

Hi all (second posting try)
I have a one and only drive dying on a server (OK - to use vinum is to
be smarter than I am). Anyways I have unsuccessfully tried to image the
drive using some util that is recommended (?) Can I dump the slices to a
remote machine, install 2 new drives follow the tute to bootstrap vinum
then restore the remote saved slices to the various slice/partitions?
In a bind(4) here! anyone clue me in please?
Thanks
Keith